After a few years plugging away, I’m pretty stoked to be able to tell you that our second game, Art of Rally, is launching on Xbox and available today – day one with Xbox Game Pass! For any of you who like racing games, it’s a spiritual successor to my last game, Absolute Drift, which was released on Windows & Xbox a few years back.
Art of Rally is a love letter to the golden era of rally driving that takes players across the world to drive through beautiful and soothing environments inspired by real locations from Finland, Sardinia, Norway, Japan, Germany and now Kenya too! What most players will never know is that I actually developed a large amount of the game while driving across North America in my camper van, before getting together a team at the end to launch it.
Some of you might recognize a modern cargo van, but I call it The Beluga and I converted it into an office-on-wheels for the bulk of the development! We went into the wild, stared at the big skies, travelled through tranquil forests and out across vast deserts. The craziest trip was a 6000km drive from Canada to Oaxaca, Mexico that timed with Hurricane Willa that ripped through Sinaloa.
My van has played such an important part in the making of my game, that it had to be in it. If you ever play Art of Rally, and happen to head somewhere down a road less travelled, you might just find it (sporting the camouflage livery from my previous game Absolute Drift)!
Making the game this way has been an amazing experience, if a little technologically challenging at times. I can’t wait to see what folks think of it when they try it on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Windows 10, and with Xbox Game Pass!
art of rally
Funselektor Labs Inc.
art of rally is a stylized experience inspired by the golden era of rally from the creator of Absolute Drift
Race across the world through colorful and stylized environments in top-down view.
Compete for first place in the leaderboards with daily and weekly challenges.
Will you master the art of rally?
– Experience the golden era of rally in Career mode, travelling across 72 stages from Finland to Sardinia, Norway, Japan, Germany and Africa.
– Get behind the wheel of your favorite vintage cars, ranging from the 60’s to the 80’s, Group B, Group S and Group A.
– From beginner-friendly options to driving modes that’ll challenge the most expert drivers, all players can tackle the races using their favorite rally driving tricks: Scandinavian flick, counter steering, left foot braking, handbrake turns.
– Get your name at the top of the Leaderboard in our daily and weekly challenges.
– Show off your driving skills, or simply your favourite landscapes, with the integrated Photo and Replay mode"
Chivalry 2: House Galencourt – New Features To Get Excited About
Rogue Company Voyages to Japan in the Latest Update
Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 is Available Now for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S